Welcome to Roslyn Packer Theatre
Your guide to a safe and enjoyable theatre experience
Updated 15 February 2021
We are delighted to welcome you back to the theatre. The safety of our audiences, artists and staff is of paramount importance. Please read the important information below regarding your visit and take the time to read our current COVID Safe measures, noting that we regularly update our processes based on the latest government advice. Check this page for the latest safety measures prior to your visit.
With your cooperation, together we can stay safe and reconnect with each other.
Please be aware that when you come to the show, you will be seated according to the NSW Public Health orders prevailing at the date of the performance, not at the time of buying your ticket.
At times, due to our enhanced COVID safety plans, the NSW Government may grant a special exemption allowing us to perform to larger capacities than current Health Orders.
We will continue to act in strict compliance with directions from NSW Health.
Consider how comfortable you will be should you arrive at the theatre to a full house, and be seated alongside people outside your immediate group. By the time of your performance, this may once again be a safe way to gather.
Audiences limited to 75% of capacity
As of today’s date, attendance is capped at 75% of certified venue capacity.
Remember that at 75% capacity the theatre will feel full and some theatre goers may not yet feel comfortable in this scenario.
Your visit to Roslyn Packer Theatre
- Please don’t visit if you feel unwell, have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have returned from overseas or a hotspot area. Please err on the side of caution, and contact us to amend your booking if you need to – we have updated our ticket exchange and returns policy to accommodate the evolving circumstances.
- Wear a mask in public areas where social distancing is not possible, in Box Office and in the theatre, including during the performance. Please bring your own mask.
- Download your eTicket and have it ready on your mobile phone for scanning as you enter the theatre.
- Everyone must check-in using the Service NSW mobile app. Please ensure you have downloaded the Service NSW app and logged in before arriving to avoid delays. If you do not have a smart phone, staff will assist you on arrival.
- On arrival, head straight to your designated seats. Waiting or congregating in the foyer area is not permitted.
- Practice good hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly with soap and water in the bathrooms and using the hand sanitising stations throughout the venue.
- Observe lift limits and allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators first.
- Cloakrooms are closed – large bags and equipment will not be permitted.
- Cashless payments only. Bring a credit or debit card for any purchases.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
- Upgraded air-conditioning and air-flow throughout the venues. We have upgraded our air-con filters to provide a higher level of air filtration and ensure optimum intake of outside air.
Visitors who do not comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave the venue to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to the theatre and greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.