Walsh Bay Parking
The nearest car parking is at Interpark Bond Store One, 26 Hickson Road Walsh Bay (next door to the theatre). Alternative car parks are Towns Place Wilson Car Park (entry via Hickson Road) or Barangaroo Reserve Car Park (entry via Towns Place).
From 4 Oct 2015, all travel into the Sydney CBD will be affected by construction works for a light-rail line along George Street. These changes affect car and bus routes. It is important to plan ahead and allow additional travel time. Please visit www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au for more information and consider using journey planning apps on your smartphone or tablet devices.
Public ferry, train and bus services operate to and from The Rocks and Circular Quay. Roslyn Packer Theatre is a 15 minute walk from Circular Quay and Wynyard.
Bus Service for Hickson Road
311, 324, and 325 Bus Services have been extended into Walsh Way from October 2015. The 311 bus stops at Towns Place and Hickson Road, Walsh Bay. The 324 and 325 buses terminate in Hickson Road, Walsh Bay.
The 431 and 433 buses previously terminating in Walsh Bay will now terminate at Martin Place and Central Station respectively.
To check on updates to your bus services please visit mysydney.nsw.gov.au/guides/public-transport or phone 131 500.
Taxis regularly service Hickson Road and can collect and drop off right outside Roslyn Packer Theatre.
There is on-street metered parking is available in Walsh Bay. The area is also serviced by the following parking stations:
Make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the performance starting time as it can take more than 10 minutes to park, get to the theatre and be seated in time.
George Street and Hickson Road are closed between Alfred Street and Pottinger Street, from 10pm to 3am each Friday and Saturday night. Access to Roslyn Packer Theatre is only be available from the Western end of Hickson Rd between these times.
Getting to Roslyn Packer Theatre on foot
From the bus stops, ferry wharves or train station at Circular Quay, it's just a 15 minute walk to Roslyn Packer Theatre. Follow these directions for the quickest route through the historic Rocks area.
- From Circular Quay, head west and then north along George Street, passing the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Turn left and cut through the pedestrianised area of Argyle Street, continuing up the hill and under the Harbour Bridge overpass.
- Turn right into Lower Fort Street at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (known as the Garrison Church).
- Cross at the intersection of Windmill Street (by the historic Hero of Waterloo hotel), heading down the cobblestone path opposite, then through the Windmill Street reserve.
- Then simply take the stairs down to Hickson Road, and Roslyn Packer Theatre is immediately to your left.
View Map (Opens in new window)
Vivid Sydney –Light, Music & Ideas
Friday 26 May –Saturday 17 June 2017
Featuring light, music and ideas, Vivid Sydney has quickly become the Harbour City’s major winter festival and the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
All ticket holders visiting Roslyn Packer Theatre across these dates should be mindful of additional crowds (up to 800,000 people across the Festival) and traffic impacts.
Road Closures and Special Event Clearways will be in place from 7pm Monday to Thursday and from 3pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (road closures may cause changes to regular bus routes and stops).
Please ensure you take public transport wherever possible, check service schedules before departing, and allow additional travel time.
· For up to date information on Road Closures, please visit: http://www.vividsydney.com/transport
· For information on Sydney Buses, Trains, and Ferry Services please visit: http://www.transportnsw.info/
· For more information Vivid Sydney, please visit: http://www.vividsydney.com/
· Interpark Walsh Bay (pre booked parking is recommended): http://www.interparkaust.com.au/nsw/bond-store-one/index
· Wilson Parking Barangaroo Reserve (pre booked parking is recommended): https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/park/2266_Barangaroo-Reserve-Car-Park_Barangaroo-Point
On Saturday evenings and across the long weekend major events are planned with road closures similar to New Year's Eve in effect.
Ticket holders attending events on Saturday 27 May, Saturday 3 June, Saturday 10 June, and Monday 12 June (Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday) please note;
Public transport is highly recommended, as is additional travel time allowed to ensure you arrive on time - those who choose to drive should research road closures carefully before departing