Walsh Bay Parking
The nearest car parking is at Interpark Bond Store One, 26 Hickson Road Walsh Bay (next door to the theatre). Alternative car parks are Towns Place Wilson Car Park (entry via Hickson Road) or Barangaroo Reserve Car Park (entry via Towns Place).
From 4 Oct 2015, all travel into the Sydney CBD will be affected by construction works for a light-rail line along George Street. These changes affect car and bus routes. It is important to plan ahead and allow additional travel time. Please visit www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au for more information and consider using journey planning apps on your smartphone or tablet devices.
Public ferry, train and bus services operate to and from The Rocks and Circular Quay. Roslyn Packer Theatre is a 15 minute walk from Circular Quay and Wynyard.
Bus Service for Hickson Road
311, 324, and 325 Bus Services have been extended into Walsh Way from October 2015. The 311 bus stops at Towns Place and Hickson Road, Walsh Bay. The 324 and 325 buses terminate in Hickson Road, Walsh Bay.
The 431 and 433 buses previously terminating in Walsh Bay will now terminate at Martin Place and Central Station respectively.
To check on updates to your bus services please visit mysydney.nsw.gov.au/guides/public-transport or phone 131 500.
Taxis regularly service Hickson Road and can collect and drop off right outside Roslyn Packer Theatre.
Hickson Rd has metered parking and they are for a maximum of 4 hours.
Make sure you arrive at least 1/2 hr prior to the performance starting time as it can take more than 10 minutes to park, get to the theatre and be seated in time.
George Street and Hickson Road are closed between Alfred Street and Pottinger Street, from 10pm to 3am each Friday and Saturday night. Access to Rolsyn Packer Theatre is only be available from the Western end of Hickson Rd between these times.
Getting to Roslyn Packer Theatre on foot
From the bus stops, ferry wharves or train station at Circular Quay, it's just a 15 minute walk to Roslyn Packer Theatre. Follow these directions for the quickest route through the historic Rocks area.
- From Circular Quay, head west and then north along George Street, passing the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Turn left and cut through the pedestrianised area of Argyle Street, continuing up the hill and under the Harbour Bridge overpass.
- Turn right into Lower Fort Street at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (known as the Garrison Church).
- Cross at the intersection of Windmill Street (by the historic Hero of Waterloo hotel), heading down the cobblestone path opposite, then through the Windmill Street reserve.
- Then simply take the stairs down to Hickson Road, and Roslyn Packer Theatre is immediately to your left.
View Map (Opens in new window)